HACEY is a development organization focused on improving the health and productivity of under-served population in Africa. We work with communities, government institutions, private sector companies, civil society groups and the media to design and implement sustainable interventions aimed at creating lasting impact for our beneficiaries.
HACEY's mission is to empower and support children, women and young people to lead healthy lives through capacity building, advocacy, research and education.
This is achieved through capacity development programs to empower them with the skills and knowledge they need to be economically self-sufficient, and take health and environment friendly decisions.
- To promote and support educational, informative and empowerment activities to increase public awareness of health and environmental issues.
- To convey health information to hard-to-reach communities (especially rural communities).
- To develop and train man-power in the emerging field of health and environment.
- To complement the efforts of government and other institutions in achieving a state of total health for all.
- To provide adequate health and empowerment information for women and children.
At HACEY, our work is aimed at creating solutions to health, environment and societal issues with special focus on its effect on children, women and young people. These areas include:
- Infectious diseases including STI, HIV, Malaria
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Environmental protection
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Economic empowerment
- Human rights
HACEY’s Health Initiative's approach to community development work is unique. We use a ‘CARE’ approach in ensuring that every child, woman and young person in the society is affected positively by our work.
- Capacity building: Every of our program is aimed at building individual, family and community capacity
- Advocacy: We address the root cause of societal challenges, while we tackle the effects of such problem.
- Research: We research problems, environments, different case studies and practices to determine which solutions would bring about maximum impact when applied.
- Education:Educating the society about the challenges they face and how best they can overcome them. Once understanding is achieved, solutions are better implemented and sustained.